Sunday, June 28, 2009

Simple Sunday


I'm this close to telling you all, "Not today dear, I have a headache," but I know better than to allow Monday to dawn with nary a glimmer and lingering to-dos. Quinn and I were gone all day yesterday visiting friends, and then I was out until 2am with another of my favourite mamas, but I did manage to impress myself with the use I made of my practically non-existent time beforehand and in between.

This morning, to get the resentful blood pumping, I:

-Made one bed.

-Stripped the other.

-Started last load of laundry, will only have two loads to fold unless some bastard gets them wet and they multiply, as has been the case of late. (Remember Gremlins?)

-Made shake/took meds.

-Cleaned up the semi-circular ring of honey Todd left on the counter.

-Wiped the rest of the counter.

-Debated whether to empty Quinn's dishes, as he and his dad are in Washington buying fireworks, or wait, with approximately 20 dishes saying, "You wanna piece-a-me?"

-Dusted computer area.

THIS IS THE LIST OF BRILLIANT IDEAS YOU GUYS POSTED YESTERDAY, THAT WE SHOULD COMPLETE TODAY IF WE HAVEN'T ALREADY:


-Chelsea marched us into our closets for a thorough gutting, in hopes of setting aside garage sale/swap items, and generally reveling in the new found space. I've started Chelsea, but will have to be even more brave, as I am unwilling to own more than 100 hangers and due to recent shopping necessities, I will need to bid farewell to more garments. Good challenge!

-Mesina got disqualified because she referenced her bacon, but in case you're wondering, she advised that we all take an honest look under our beds. Now, I don't know how slinky that Dyson is, and I know no one's arms are as long as mine, so it can be quite the adventure under there. Thankfully I only have a bin of wrapping paper. Also, you're becoming a bitch about the strawberries. <3

-Megan's idea totally rocked. Vacuuming up the window sills. I am so sorry to say that I scrubbed all mine down by had last weekend (where were you???) whilst cleaning all 999 windows, but what the hell, I'm going to attach my hose and just see if I can hear that clinky, meaty sound of an errant fly gut being sucked away. Super awesome challenge Meg.

-Sam, preparedness is key, and much more relevant than folding laundry. Also, you did a lot today, and I loved your comment about the rifle. A ray of humour shone through your thundercloud mood and made me laugh out loud. In any event, you always do what needs to get done, and following challenges is just as productive as creating them. Sending love and calm to you.

-Debe is moving so there is nothing we can do to match the machine she has become. But she bleached the fuck out of everything, and she's my new BFF because she says fuck so much.

Oh, except, we're officially in our first fight because of your strawberry elitism.

Okay Moxlings, get cracking on these, or anything else you meant to get to from the week but didn't. I will be doing the same. I didn't get every single line glistening in the front bathroom because my infamously LATE friend was a half an hour early yesterday, so I need to finish that, plus herd Reilly toward some chores, scrounge for any extra Mr. Magic sponges and go to TOWN bitches! I honestly thought I'd have to re-paint some areas. I mean, they fall apart in two seconds, but they are two glorious seconds! Maybe get out the toothbrush, wipe some baseboards, whatever.

PLEASE TELL ME TO MAKE A COFFEE. YES I WILL DIE BUT IT WILL BE IN A CLEAN HOUSE!

Okay, make me proud, and most importantly, do not let Monday peek through streaked windows and get the best of you. Today's the day.

3 comments:

  1. omg I was disqualified! *emo cry* nah really, it was an evil task but hey, someone has to mention it sometime! Besides, a broom is always good for pushing the crap out. *wink wink*
    So just to piss you off today....BACON! ner ner ♥
    Today was a work day and it's now past 8 in the evening for me so all my chores will sadly be left until tomorrow. I did nothing today, only to get my daughter on her chores of dishes. :)
    However the other tasks suggested were totally rocking and I must say everyone came up with some great ideas! All noted!
    Hope you guys are having a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I worked on the house for 2 hours straight yesterday (Sunday). I've been so busy that I'm having a hard time keeping up with even basics right now. However, yesterday I did:
    6 drying racks worth of dishes
    washed and folded 4 loads of laundry
    vacuumed living and dining room
    cleaned the toilets
    mopped the bathroom floor
    made 3 meals and a bunch of food for the mother blessing

    and who knows what else, I sure can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mesina-You can take your bacon...As for the cleaning, I know you're good for it.

    Megan-Damn, were you wearing a superhero cape? That's incredible, plus catered the mother blessing? I hope you got lots of delicious sleep. Good job.

    ReplyDelete