Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everybunny's Different


Blech. A true OCD nightmare. It is a proven fact that it is impossible to get every strand of this infuriating crap out of the house before August.

I don't celebrate easter, but not for any reason with which I would accost you and try to dissuade you from your "woven" plastic pastel baskets, nor the putrid stench of dying eggs, not to mention eggs at all (PUKE!). Nope, I just don't. But I loves me some Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, and getting up early to race to Starbucks (sometimes in my pajamas--gasp!) and get in some good cleaning, reading, folding, well let's face it, cleaning, before the family rises, like every other Sunday.

Today, while indulging some lovely laundry, Jane Austen, and my girlfriend, Chelsea Handler, I am grateful for this, my easter basket (bleached sinks):


So have fun with your egg hunts, your cutie easter outfits, your ham (Yes, I get in on some ham action, I'm not Orthodox anti-easter after all), your smiley sticky kids (take lots of pictures!), and we will figure out what to do with this foil-filled, all-that's-left-is-crap situation tomorrow.

Seriously, happy easter. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am SO thankful that none of that fake grass, plastic or otherwise, made it into my house. Unfortunately for my house, easter comes closely instep with E's birthday so my house is kind of taken over by stuff, lots and lots of stuff. Have I mentioned I hate packaging? Urgh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer--I love that you call him "E," it's really endearing. I love that you hate grass. I love that you hate period. Packaging is an asshole, especially when it's that impenetrable plastic that six chainsaws can't open, and then it cuts your hand once you triumph? Damn, I almost died opening a new remote.

    Perhaps you could do a theme birthday for E. A "Minimalist Party!" A cake, his presents (nothing in packages, so maybe a ball, a bat, and a unicycle or something), and a linen napkin each for Zoe and him. I'm a genius. He could brag about his innovative theme birthday at school and either become really popular or lose all his friends, who weren't invited because, duh, it's a minimalist party. Just a thought.

    Oh, the books aren't done...there are more awkward parts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! "He could brag about his innovative theme birthday at school and either become really popular or lose all his friends, who weren't invited because, duh, it's a minimalist party."

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete